- 1 Jar of Jozsef’s Paprikash Sauce
- 3 lbs. of Beef, Cubed ¾ Inches (Least Expensive Cut)
- 1 lb. of Beef Bones
- 1 Hungarian Yellow Hot Pepper or Banana Pepper, Cored and Chopped into ½ Inch Pieces
- ½ Teaspoon of Caraway Seeds
- 2 lbs. of Carrots Cut into ¾ Inch Pieces
- 2 lbs. of Potatoes Cut into ¾ Inch Cubes
- 2 qt. of Beef Broth
- Mix beef, beef bones, peppers, and caraway seeds with the jar of Jozsef’s Paprikash Sauce in a large pot and simmer covered for 1 hour;
- After an hour add beef broth and simmer for another hour;
- Then remove beef bones and add carrots, simmer for 15 minutes and then add potatoes and simmer for another 15 minutes.
Makes approximately 1 ½ gallons of Gulyas (12 -14 servings). Serve with hardy and crusty bread.
Tastes even better the next day!!